Sunday, December 13, 2009

Little Things That Make a Big Difference: Salt

I am going to share something VERY controversial. I use salt.

I like the taste and what it adds to my food. I am not woried about high blood pressure because of it. In fact- in my own "case study" it lowered my blood pressure from 140/90 to 117/75.

I do use a specific kind of salt- they are not all the same. It MUST BE electrolyte balanced, non-chemically tampered, unheated, unprocessed in any way other than literally grinding it to the desired size. There are only 2 that I know of that fit this requirement. One is RealSalt (available in my office) and the other is Himalayan Pink.

Not sure about this? After all we have all been thumped on repeatedly about the dangers of salt. Consider that in a hospital when they hook an IV into someone they don't use pure water. They use saline solution. Can we say SALT WATER?